Tuesday 30 August 2016

Honest Illusions 16

Episode 16

Convocation Arena, Abuja Campus, two days later...
"Oprah wait!" Chris exclaimed behind her as she walked away. When she didn't stop, he hurried after her and held her hand.

She whirled to face him angrily. "What is it Chris? Haven't you had enough?"

"Baby I'm sorry, I've been trying to apologize for what I did. I'm so sorry, I swear I don't know what came over me."

Oprah cast a furtive glance around at the audience they were beginning to get. "Can we not just do this here? There are people watching."

"I don't care about them Oprah, you're the one I care about. Please forgive me," he said and went down on his knees, still holding on to her hand. "I don't want to lose you baby."

[i]What the hell ???[/i]

"Chris please get up, all of this isn't necessary," she didn't like the attention and side-eyes they were beginning to get from students walking through the crowded Arena. Some of her colleagues having lectures were outrightly staring at them. "Please let's go talk some place else, not here," she pleaded.

Chris was obstinate. "Not until you tell me you've forgiven me."

"Fine! I've forgiven you. Can you stand up now?"

Chris grinned, "Anything you say sweetie," he said and got on his feet. "Let's go grab some lunch at my place. I made some stew yesterday and everyone has made glowing comments about it. You've not had lunch, I'm sure you must be famished."

[i]I'll pass :-\[/i]

"Er...the thing is, I have another class in 20 minutes. There'll be no way I'll be there on-time if we go to your place."

"Alright, Ofirima Mr Biggs then? Baby please don't reject my offer. I really want to make it up to you. I know my attitude the other day was downright annoying."

Oprah sighed, suddenly weary. "Okay, Ofirima Mr Biggs it is."



(To be contd.)

No comments:

Post a Comment