Thursday 10 December 2015

SOLILOQUIES:Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

I wanted him back. Not in a thousand years would I have thought I would ever come to this but then again,not in a thousand years would I be on the throes of such scandal.

I was embittered at him for his deceit and disrespect of me after all we had been through. But 'the wife' was never given a thought when a pair of long,slender and youthful thighs promised pleasure unimaginable. So I had never been given a thought,never been asked if I would mind sharing my husband with a younger and more attractive lover.
If I would mind him spending more nights basking in the fires of her youthful passion than on our ashy marital bed where I lay, lonely and abandoned,night after night. If I would mind the heavy amounts he withdrew from our joint account to satisfy her. If I would mind that they had made me an unwilling object of pity and sympathy of both friends and foes alike. I had not been asked but I did not care anymore. I wanted him back but it was not for the reasons everyone else would think.

Forgiveness? Yes,in my grave. Love? The only love left in me for another was for my dog,Cornelia. Even her proved more trustworthy than he did. Loyalty to our vows? Bulls*it! Those were mere words uttered when the flames of desire raved wild in my inexperienced heart.

But pride,ego,revenge? That was more like it. I would never be satisfied until my bruised ego had been appeased and I'd had my revenge. I had been betrayed and scorned but I was not going to join the band of women who licked their wounds and nursed their pain in secret.

I wanted David back but it was for my own reasons.

3 comments: